>
HautBas
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Welcome to the family!

Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Ses Personnages Perso 1Perso 1Perso 2Perso 2Perso 3Perso 3Perso 4Perso 4Perso 5Perso 5Perso 6Perso 6Perso 7Perso 7Perso 8Perso 8Perso 9Perso 9Pico. PersoPico. Perso
Prénom & âgePrénom & âgeYeva, 26Larae, 423Katja, 26Raïssa, 16Moira, 72Robin, 40Eibhlín, 39
Nano. MondeNano. MondeChimèresAdPX-MenChimèresAdPX-MenLockwood
AvatarAvatar‘Yeva'‘Larae'‘Katja'‘Raïssa'‘Moira'RobinSetesh
Super Nanite
Mey
Crédit avatar : anndr sur Deviantart
OnlineEn ligne
Welcome to the family!Ven 16 Aoû 2019, 23:30
Réputation du message : 100% (1 vote)
Rappel du premier message :

CONTRAT DE NOT'RP !

- Statut du RP : Privé
- Type de RP : FB début 2007, arrivée de Katja dans la Confrérie
- Tour de jeu : Mey - Sip
- Délai maximum d'attente de réponse : Comme un express
- Sauts de tours : Express
- Autre : English, b/c it's NY City!

This is too good to be true, I must be dreaming. For the umpteenth time since she had passed the door, Katja felt the urge to pinch herself. Just to check if what she was seeing was really true.

At first, she had thought that it was all either a mistake or a joke of very poor taste. Why else would she have been brought to a skyscraper that apparently belonged to a concern named "Spark" (judging by the huge letters displayed on it)? But as soon as she had walked into the lobby, she had known that she did, indeed, belong here more than anywhere else. Only one look had already revealed people with tails, wings, claws, fangs, fur, an odd skin tone or whatnot. And they didn't bother to hide any of it. They didn't have to.

She'd received a quick tour of the main places in the building and some explanations about the ones who inhabited it ("The Brotherhood is a family, sister.") It had sounded a bit like a weird cult, except it wasn't one. The more she saw, the more she understood that those people were really like a family. In time, they might even become a second family for her!

That was all a couple of days earlier, but the awe and the thrill of discovery hadn't worn off yet. She'd found a couch in the lobby where she wouldn't be in anyone's way and for now she was content with just watching as people came and went, unashamed of looking different – proud even. She was starting to feel truly at ease. Enough to take off her scarf and let her neck markings show. For now they were an inconspicuous dark green, but who knew how long that would last?

Welcome to the family! - Page 2 Fan_ch10
Welcome to the family! - Page 2 Blason-Touristonanite2
Welcome to the family! - Page 2 J4v0

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Ses Personnages Perso 1Perso 1Perso 2Perso 2Perso 3Perso 3Perso 4Perso 4Perso 5Perso 5Perso 6Perso 6Perso 7Perso 7Perso 8Perso 8Perso 9Perso 9Pico. PersoPico. Perso
Prénom & âgePrénom & âgeDalton (24)Emmett (41)Navi (?)Zenkûga (54)Jem (21)Ryot (28)Oksana (25)Pasha (23)Pavel (35)J'hésite
Nano. MondeNano. MondeX-MenX-MenADPADPZombielandAlpha PerduChimèresChimèresChimèresLockwood
AvatarAvatarDaltonEmmettNaviZenJemRyotOksanaPashapavel
La soudoyée ¤ Assassin privée de Kami-sama
Siparti
Crédit avatar : svnddlsnts
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 19:29
It's kinda stupid. He scratched the back of his head, seemingly embarrassed. I was just really fucking lazy and had just seen Star Wars. Not hard to put two and two together from there. Dalton mimicked his hand stretching to the other side of the street. "Come over here remote !" Then faked being surprised to see an invisible television remote in his hand. WTF !

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Prénom & âgePrénom & âgeYeva, 26Larae, 423Katja, 26Raïssa, 16Moira, 72Robin, 40Eibhlín, 39
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 21:03
She wasn't sure if it was stupid or great, but it made her laugh either way. "Good thing you tried teleportation and not Vader's distance-chokehold, the outcome might not have been as fun." She was suddenly grateful that she and her siblings hadn't had such a surprise when they were playing Harry Potter. Unless it was with something like the tickling curse.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Prénom & âgePrénom & âgeDalton (24)Emmett (41)Navi (?)Zenkûga (54)Jem (21)Ryot (28)Oksana (25)Pasha (23)Pavel (35)J'hésite
Nano. MondeNano. MondeX-MenX-MenADPADPZombielandAlpha PerduChimèresChimèresChimèresLockwood
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 21:34
I don't have anyone I'd want to chokehold at home anyway, he honestly admitted. Sure, Queenie might've gotten on his nerves sometimes and Akasha was a pain in the ass as well, but nothing to want to hurt them over. How'd you find out? It doesn't seem like something you'd find out at random. Unless you like to overstay your welcome in the bath tub.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 21:37
"I'd have liked the bath tub better, to be honest." Warmer and way less terrifying. "I was diving and my air bottles stopped working. I thought I was going to choke before I reached the surface... Except I didn't. Wasn't even a bit winded." She'd never liked her mutation much, but that day she had started to consider that it might be useful. Still a pain in the ass, but one with some benefits.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 21:57
Fuck. Must've been terrifying. Teleportation had been terrifying too, but at least he didn't have any near-death experiences with it (yet #neversaynever). I'd never willingly go dive. That's just asking for trouble. The ocean is sca-ry.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 22:04
Hell yes, it had been one of the most frightening experiences in her life. But the good news was: she'd never fear drowning again. Still, she did her best to look outraged when he started to make an argument against diving. "Hey, it's no more scary than New York avenues during rush hour. The ocean is beautiful and full of mysteries. It's like a parallel world right next to us we know almost nothing about." The passion in her voice betrayed how close to her heart that topic was.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 22:42
Uh-huh, sure. Dalton remained unconvinced. No use to argue about it though. He had no intention of going into the ocean anytime soon. Speaking of New York... Great segue. You're not a New Yorker, are you ? Where are you from ? He couldn't place her accent. It was too faint to recognize as German, and Dalton wasn't exactly the most "worldly" guy.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 22:48
She knew her English wasn't accent-free, not by any stretch, so she wasn't surprised by his question. « I'm from Germany. Hannover and then Berlin, to be exact. I've only been in New York for the last few years. » Meanwhile, she was starting to mentally bet on the question/comment that would come next. The good thing was that, after four and a half years, she was starting to have a pretty good idea of all the clichés related to her nationality.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 23:06
Except Dalton knew of no clichés. His only references of the German people came from movies. World War ones. Oh okay, was the extent of what he managed to utter. He needed a few more seconds to think. Hey! Our big boss is also from the continent, no? Bet you can make some excellent conversation with him, ha.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 23:12
That was... underwhelming and unusual. She'd almost be disappointed if she hadn't found correcting clichés so tedious (no, she hadn't been raised on beer, she wasn't even of age yet when she'd left Germany!) She looked a little surprised when he mentioned the "Big Boss from the continent" (did he know Europe was composed of several different countries?) "Magneto? I didn't know. Where from?" In her defence, "Magneto" sounded pretty English as a name and she'd never heard his real name.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 23:21
Eeeeerr... Unlike some of his American brethren, Dalton understood Europe wasn't a country. Still. He couldn't name more than three. Nevermind the home country of their faithful leader. Somewhere around there. Pretty sure it was Germany. He speaks German I think. I mean, spoke. I mean, I don't know. It sounded German.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 23:29
"Oh, alright. I didn't know that." She wanted to ask him if it meant he'd met him, except she didn't want to sound too much like a star-struck newbie. "What about his English? Is it still noticeably foreign, or is there some hope for me?" A little self-depreciating humour could never go wrong, in her opinion at least.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 23:34
I mean... I don't notice a difference. His brain wasn't made for linguistics, okay? It sure sounded like decent English to him. And yours is pretty comprehensible. Besides, accents are cute. You shouldn't hope to lose it.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 23:41
She had some doubts about the whole accents = cute thing, but oh well, she wasn't the one (potentially) bothered by how she sounded, so she just shrugged. "As long as it doesn't mean people don't understand me it's fine." Meanwhile another question had crept up in her mind. "How long have you been in the Brotherhood?" He seemed pretty confident and knowledgeable about it, so either he was good at faking or he'd been around for some time.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Sam 17 Aoû 2019, 23:48
Three years now, I think? He's bad at math too. I got here when I was 13. So by all accounts: yes, 3 years ago. His math wasn't that bad. Why? He wasn't fresh off the boat, but certainly not one of the ancients either. Dalton was still learning.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 00:01
"It's just that you seem pretty at ease with, well... Mutation and everything. Everyone back there does. It's a nice change." There, she'd voiced it. She was amazed by how normal mutation seemed in that very special place she'd just stepped out from. As if she didn't have to hide to fit in.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 00:56
Why shouldn't we be at ease with it? It's natural. It's evolution. But he understood where she was coming from. He had shared her disbelief a few years ago. It'll come, with time. I was basically walking around in a ninja outfit on a daily basis before I joined the Brotherhood, if you'll believe it.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 10:34
He had a point, she knew it. Not to mention that her family had been trying to get that into her head for the last eight years. Still, it was a relief to hear that he hadn't always been okay with his looks either. That she wasn't the only one who'd tried to blend in as best as she could. "And there I thought my mutation was a pain to hide." She shook her head lightly. "I know there's no real reason why I should hide, but at the same time it feels safer..." A frown. "Ok, scratch that, I was never one for that blame the victim stuff. More like easier." Even "easier" was debatable and only applicable to mutations that weren't too conspicuous.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 11:00
I know it feels safer, but it shouldn't, Dalton offered. That they make us hide is wrong. He still was a firm believer. He had been before too. Young, upset and angry at the world. He had learned to channel that anger into something else. Used it as an armor now. Ah, there we go. He pointed ahead. Joe's Burgers. Best burgers in town. Aaaand I guess they also have salad if that's more up your alley.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 11:16
There wasn't much she could add, so she just nodded. Fortunately, they reached their destination at that point, which allowed for a change of topic. Burgers were definitely easier to talk about. "I didn't come to the place that serves the best burgers in town to have a salad." Her smile was back, as was her good mood. She still had mixed feelings about her mutation, but that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the company. That damned X-gene had at least had that positive side effect.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 11:38
Damn right you didn't. Dalton walked into the small, not-gourmet-looking burger restaurant. There were about four tables maybe, one occupied. Besides that, one guy was leaning against a wall near the counter clearly waiting for his takeaway order, and only a small line of two others behind the counter. No "Joe" to be found, though. He was probably in the kitchen.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 11:51
Good thing there weren't too many people present: fewer customers meant shorter waiting line. They'd have to wait anyway, but hopefully not that long, because the scent of burgers was only making Katja more hungry. "Do you come here often?"

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 11:54
Eh, he shrugged. When I want a good greasy burger. Sometimes I want a bad one. And sometimes I just want fried chicken. He also didn't always have the money. That tended to be a problem when you wanted food. Do you have money? Great question. Cause if she didn't, Dalton only had enough for one meal. That wasn't gonna cut it. They'd have to procure it by... other means.

X-Men
Mey

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Super Nanite
Mey
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 11:59
So, basically the place to be for greasy and fried food. She nodded when he asked if she had money. "Yup." Technically, her parents' money, but if they were willing to provide for her until she completed her studies, she sure wasn't going to complain.

Siparti

Tes Personnages
Ses Personnages :
Siparti
OnlineEn ligne
Re: Welcome to the family!Dim 18 Aoû 2019, 12:02
You got a job or you stole it? A common question for the Brotherhood. Not everyone enjoyed the same treatment during the interview process. Like Dalton, most of them didn't even get to set a foot in the building.

X-Men
Contenu sponsorisé
OnlineEn ligne